The John Taylor Babbitt Foundation is a not for profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in John’s memory and dedicated to preventing sudden cardiac death.
Goals and Objectives:
- Install automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in schools, athletic venues, and public gathering places and propose legislation to support the placement of AEDs
- Establish Heart Clubs in high schools and universities to raise awareness and save lives.
- Support research on genetic cardiac disorders that increase the risk of sudden cardiac death.
- Propose legislation and lobby for state-level and federal laws on defibrillators
- Work on municipal policies and procedures to support the purchase and maintenance of defibrillators
- Sponsor training programs in CPR/AED
JTB Heart Clubs:
- Establish campus JTB Clubs at high schools and universities
- Advise focus of club activities on advocacy, education, and defibrillators
- Support research on genetic cardiac disorders, including Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and other diseases, that increase the risk of sudden cardiac death
- Improve the accuracy and cost-effectiveness of screening programs and investigate promising treatments.