Posted on 11/10/2019

Survivor: Stephanie Alexander

Date of Event:

Location of Event: Maui, Hawaii

CJ Alexander

My family and I were on vacation in Maui celebrating my father’s retirement. After a wonderful day that I cannot remember, I went to sleep excited for what was to come. However, my husband, CJ Alexander, woke up early to use the restroom and did not fall back asleep. He heard me laying next to him not breathing right and being an assistant fire chief recognized what was happening. My husband performed CPR for over 15 minutes and shocked me with the hotel’s AED twice before the ambulance arrived to take over. Because of his knowledge and skills, my life was saved and I am recovering from an SCA that occurred in my sleep.