LAS VEGAS, NV--The Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation and the Citizen CPR Foundation announced the winners of the ECCU 2014 "Video Minute” Contest during the Emergency Cardiovascular Care Update, June 6 in Las Vegas. The purpose of the contest is to increase awareness about sudden cardiac arrest, the importance of bystander CPR and automated external defibrillators, and/or recognition of a heart attack.
Videos were reviewed, scored, and ranked using a set of evaluation criteria addressing creativity/originality, participant engagement, awareness potential, and consistency with current emergency cardiovascular care guidelines. The judges included three representatives of the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation and three representatives of the Citizen CPR Foundation.
The following top-ranked submissions were played for 2014 ECCU attendees during plenary sessions:
- Act Now!, by Magnus Backstrom
- AEDiva, by AED Alliance
- CPR Survivor Story, by the Arizona Department of Health Services
- Hands Free CPR, by Iridia Medical
- How to Use an AED, by Father-Son Productions.
- Meet Tim...Don't Wait for the Help, BE the Help, by HeartSafe Coon Rapids
- One Way Back, by Father-Son Productions
- Ronny Turiaf's Story, by Simon's Fund
And the winners are:
- First Place: Meet Tim: Don't Wait for the Help, BE the Help
- Second Place: How to Use an AED
- Third Place: Ronny Turiaf's Story
The first place winner, HeartSafe Coon Rapids, represented by survivor Tim Hoffman, received an AED from Physio-Control Corporation and "Push Hard & Fast Here" t-shirts.
To watch all top videos, see this playlist.