The Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation team is more dedicated than ever to our mission to raise awareness and save lives threatened by sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), which affects 1,000 people out of hospitals each day in the U.S. Please save the date, Tuesday, May 5, #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of giving and unity, and plan to make a tax-deductible gift to the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation.
Your support for the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation is needed now more than ever. It will help us continue these key initiatives:
- Serving as the nation’s premier information clearinghouse focused exclusively on SCA, reaching 20,000 website users a month;
- Communicating with 8,200 email subscribers twice a month, 11,500 Facebook fans, and 2,300 Twitter followers;
- Conducting research among thousands of consumers on public understanding of SCA, effective messaging, and willingness to act in emergencies;
- Growing our community of 3,000 survivors, family members and advocates;
- Conducting research with universities and hospitals on post-resuscitation quality of life among survivors and family members;
- Co-developing with Parent Heart Watch, the national Call-Push-Shock movement, which has attracted 50+ co-partners, including CARES, HeartRescue, Heart Rhythm Society, and major medical companies.
Please save the date and help us in our quest to make survival from sudden cardiac arrest the rule, rather than the exception. Thank you for your support.
Henry Jampel, MD, MHS, Chair, Board of Directors
Mary M. Newman, MS, President & CEO
P.S. We would like to help you, too, in your efforts to save lives. We will give an AED, donated by CoroMed, to a randomly selected #GivingTuesdayNow donor.
Why give? Testimonials from our community
"It wasn't until I was personally involved in a situation that impacted me directly that I discovered, through speaking with members of the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation and visiting their website, that more than 300,000 people suffer from SCA each year. Through this organization's education of the public, and their advocacy work, what they do directly impacts people's lives. This is a very important organization with a lifesaving mission—and is deserving of support in any way possible.” – Amelia
“The people at the SCA Foundation are amazing. And that's an understatement. Thank you for helping me find other SCA survivors. I tell everyone about how helpful you were to a complete stranger. God bless the people at your foundation for the help, education, support, and the new friends you've given me.” – Michele
“The Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation is an absolute gem in the nonprofit world. The organization has grown year over year in its impact and outreach. Presently, SCAF is changing lives across the globe and helping to lead an otherwise under-served industry in a meaningful way. Whether you are a seasoned volunteer, or a loved one seeking answers, the SCAF welcomes all into a growing community of advocates through personalized, empathetic connections. As a survivor and volunteer, I cannot say enough to express my appreciation for this fully necessary nonprofit. The SCAF is the GOAT!” – Walter