So how does this example of 30% of arrests differ from the other 70%?

So how does this example of 30% of arrests differ from the other 70%?

Longview student collapses at basketball practice
A student collapsed and briefly stopped breathing during an open basketball practice at Mark Morris High School in Longview.
The Associated Press

LONGVIEW, Wash. —
A student collapsed and briefly stopped breathing during an open basketball practice at Mark Morris High School in Longview.

A coach and parent gave CPR Sunday to 16-year-old Spencer Best of Longview until paramedics arrived and used a heart defibrillator.

His father, Rich Best, told The Daily News (http://is.gd/fRM2vn) Spencer will remain in intensive care for a couple more days this week at Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emmanuel Medical Center in Portland.

He says Spencer is alert and communicating. He says the men who gave him CPR saved his life.

---

Information from: The Daily News, http://www.tdn.com

How does this differ? Somebody did something before the ambulance got to the scene.

It would have been a lot more certain that the outcome would be happy if there had been an AED on the sidelines - as there needs to be for every match and practice session.

Please bug your local school officials until they have an AED at the sidelines for every match and practice for every sport except, perhaps, the chess club!

Mission & Vision

The mission of the Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) Foundation is to prevent death and disability from sudden cardiac arrest. The vision of the SCA Foundation is to increase awareness about sudden cardiac arrest and influence attitudinal and behavioral changes that will reduce mortality and morbidity from SCA.

SCA Newsletter

Sign Up with the SCA Foundation News in order to stay informed! (* required field)

Contact Us

The Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation would like to hear from you! If you have questions or comments — Contact Us!

724-625-0025

Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation
7500 Brooktree Road
Wexford, PA 15090

Copyright © 2019 Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation. All Rights Reserved.

Web Design & Development, & Web Hosting By FastWebEngine