Skip to main content
- Recognize SCA: If a person is unresponsive and not breathing normally, call 911.
- Call 911: Call 911 to get help. Follow the emergency dispatcher’s instructions.
- Start CPR: Start CPR to triple the chance of survival. Push hard and fast in the center of the chest (100-120 pumps/minute).
- Use AED: Use an automated external defibrillator (AED) to restart the heart. Follow the step-by-step audio/visual instructions.
- EMS response: Transfer care to emergency medical services professionals, who will provide advanced life support.
- Hospital Care: Hospital professionals will continue integrated post-cardiac arrest care, including mild therapeutic hypothermia.